Cottage on the Knoll at Cedarcroft Farm B&B

Sandra & Bill Wayne's blog for the Cottage on the Knoll at Cedarcroft Farm. We'll post thoughts about the B&B, what's going on around here, and discounts for last-minute cancellations.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter is (almost) here


Has it been since September that I last posted? By now, the leaves are off (except for the shingle oaks - they'll stay on until spring) and you can see what's going on in the woods. Birds are visiting the feeder, and the smell of wood smoke is in the air. I'll be spending a lot of time in the woods with the chain saw cutting more firewood, but it shouldn't bother our guests, since I'll be about 600 yards away.

It's a great time to take a walk in the woods because the biting bugs are gone and leaves are off the poison ivy. Still have stick-tights and other seeds that stick to clothes, but they're a minor irritant.

It's a good week. I got a nice buck on Sunday - I'm second from the left on the deer hunting picture. Today I turn 65 and I sure don't feel it. Folks tell me I don't look it, either. I will enjoy a nice party at a local Mexican restaurant today, then enjoy the 60-degree weather tomorrow before getting ready for guests over the weekend.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home