Seen along the road on Tuesday:
- Oil well pumps painted in all kinds of colors - green & orange, red & blue, even more.
- Sod house & dugout house interior - dirt floors!
- on KS 68 past Louisburg, a little house on an island in a pond - called Grumpy Al's Place
- On radio station out of Wichita, playing Leroy Van Dyke (Sedalia's own) - 1070 AM
- Lyons has lots of murals and celebrate Coronado searching for Quivara - Pueblo folks sure got him out of the way.
- Great Bend "Kiowa Kitchen Best Mexican Restaurant"
Gas - best place in central KS was Great Bend, $2.68/gal. It's back to $2.79 in Garden City. Must be the oil wells.
Added 2 pictures to the site. Also, I bought my lifetime "geezer pass" to National Parks - $10 for 62 & up, and I'm definitely there.
Breakfast at this HIE was excellent - we had a choice of B&G, bkfst burritos, hash browns, brand name cereals, milk, juices (several types), rolls, bagels, etc. Not B&B quality, but the motels are catching up. Also, each bed had 2 firm pillows & 2 soft pillows. The beds are triple-sheeted with a duvet. Spa & pool were open 24 hours. "Know the competition."
Today we head for Raton via Capulin Volcano.